DBC believes in a world where its members have the necessary business skills to guide food and nutrition related decisions in global business and industries. As a group that prides itself on its competencies – Insights into Action, Communications and Transparency, Collaboration and Strategy, and Business Acumen and Leadership – we look forward to supporting your career advancement through education, engagement, and networking.
An overview of what you can expect from the Dietitians in Business and Communications DPG this year is as follows:
DBC Member Grants
DBC will continue with previous grants, such as:
- $1,000 grants to financially support DBC members who wish to join the DBC Academy Leadership Institute program. Three were provided within the 2020/2021 term.
- Up to $3,500 earmarked for FNCE(R) registration/support. Nearly 20 DBC members received support to attend FNCE(R) within the 2020/2021 term.
- Up to $1,000 earmarked for Diversity & Inclusion grants. Around $750 in grants provided within the 2020/2021 term.
- Up to $500 earmarked for member outreach. If you are interested in speaking with a group of students or relevant healthcare professionals that could benefit from an Academy membership, please complete this linked survey to see if you are eligible to receive funds.
DBC offers its members free webinars (60-minutes), free masterclasses (90 to 120-minutes with an opportunity for one-on-one feedback from the instructor), and discounted virtual workshops (240-minutes) to help meet the education needs of its members. DBC expects to offer 20 CPEU in the 2021-22 term!
Outside of its diverse archived education materials, the following opportunities are planned for the upcoming 2021-2022 term, including:
- Webinar (60-minutes): How to Keep Your Virtual Audience Engaged
- Webinar: Turn Contacts into Contracts
- Webinar: How to Attract, Engage, and Retain a 5-Generation Workforce
- Masterclass (90-120 minutes): Simplify SEO Strategy
DBC understands the importance of networking with peers, and provides virtual and soon to be in-person events. Virtual networking events take place every other month, and in-person networking occasions will occur as soon as it is deemed safe to do so. From speed networking to Bingo to events hosted by guest speakers such as Nancy Siler, a Marketing, Communications, and Public Relations Executive and Wilton Brands VP of Creative Content, DBC networking events provide the opportunity to connect with your peers, ask questions, and brainstorm ideas on how we can continue to enhance our value as nutrition leaders.
In fact, once DBC is able to resume in-person networking, its “Networking Grant” program will be launched to make it easier for members to get together.
DBC Member Communications
The Leadership Team provides members with the opportunity to stay in the loop on DBC and relevant professional updates through a variety of communication outlets, including social media, discussion boards, weekly emails, and quarterly newsletters.
The Business Insights Newsletter includes information from experts in business and communication addressing leadership, business management, sales and marketing, written, verbal and financial skills. All past issues are available online! Past newsletter features include, but aren’t limited to:
- Five Strategies to Craft an Effective Elevator Speech
- Managing a Remote Work-Style
- New Wage Rule Could Put More Money in Your Pocket
The Take-5 E-newsletter shares news briefs, education, and networking opportunities as well as relevant member information. You’ll find past issues under the News to Use section of the website.
New within the last term, DBC also provides its members with a place to ask and answer each other's questions - its Discussion Boards. With so much going on in the dietetic and nutrition profession, and within a continually changing landscape, stay up-to-date, engaged in the conversation with DBC’s discussion boards.
Stay Connected with DBC
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook to stay up-to-date on upcoming events and member resources!