Share your expertise! Submit a webinar proposal!
Now accepting proposals for the 2022-2023 membership term.
Deadline: February 15, 2022.
DBC seeks engaging and experienced speakers for its webinar education program to empower its members to develop and advance business and communications skills.
DBC’s mission is to advance its members as strategic and innovative business and communications leaders. To do so, DBC enhances the education of its members through events and tools, including online webinars, virtual workshops, and bundled toolkits. Through tiered series events, DBC’s educational events aim to provide members with the knowledge, skills, and confidence needed to move insights into action.
Generally, webinars are one hour in length with 45 minutes of content plus 15 minutes of live Q&A. Sessions that encourage engagement through poll questions, interactive handouts, breakout sessions, or other means are highly desired. Webinars may feature one guest speaker, multiple speakers, or panel discussions. If proposing more than one speaker or a panel discussion, please make a note on the Call for Webinar Proposals Form and list all proposed speakers. All webinars will be hosted by DBC, recorded by DBC, and available for purchase by non-members upon completion of the live broadcast. DBC will provide an honorarium to the webinar speaker(s) upon completion of the webinar.
Webinars must be related to business or communications, and content should be evidence-based with practical applications. Current DBC member priority topics include:
- Verbal communication skills, presenting
- Written communications skills, publishing
- Media skills
- Leadership, critical and strategic thinking
- Training, coaching, mentoring
- Conflict management
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- DGAs, DRIs, Food Labeling
- Exercise, fitness, and sports nutrition
Once you begin the online submission form, you must complete it. Following the submission, proposals will be evaluated by DBC’s Education Team and applicants will be notified of the webinar’s acceptance, acceptance pending modifications, or denial.
Click here to submit a webinar proposal by Tuesday, February 15, 2022, at 11:59 pm PT.
Call for Webinar Proposals Announcement, Submission, and Acceptance Timeline:
- Dec 22, 2021: The Call for Webinar Proposals opens.
- February 15, 2022: The Call for Webinar Proposals close. Applicants must complete online submission forms by this date.
- April 15, 2021: DBC will notify applicants of the Webinar Proposal’s acceptance, acceptance with modifications, or denial for DBC Education activations within the 2022-2023 membership term.
Do you have a great idea for webinar or webinar series that you would like to see someone ELSE present on? We'd love to hear from you too!
For questions or to suggest an idea for a webinar or webinar series, please contact DBC Education Chair, Jessica Thornton, RDN, CSP, CLC, LDN, at firstname.lastname@example.org